Who am I?
Hello world! I’m a Backend web developer from Valencia, Venezuela, but now living in Montevideo, Uruguay.
I have experience in front-end, back-end, and DevOps. New technologies fuel my desire to learn more and more each day. I try to keep my code as clean as possible, following established standards for the technology I’m using at the moment.
I love Open Source projects. Knowledge should be available to everyone who wants it.
You can check my resume in a more traditional format here: English
September 2020 - Currently
In Lazer Technologies we are working on an app that looks to ease the employers jobs of doing criminal background checks for their employees. In this project we are using Django, Django REST Framework, Docker, PostgreSQL, Github Actions and Jenkins.
July 2020 - January 2021
In Tarmac I worked on a project called Volition. In Volition we developed a crawler that extracts information from different pages in order to build a “super market place” for a specific product. In this project we used Docker, TypeScript, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud, and Kubernetes.
Senior Backend Developer
April 2019 - August 2020
I worked for Massive from April 2019 to August 2020. On my time in Massive, I worked on one big project for Coca-Cola Mexico, called Tus Tapas Valen. “Tus Tapas Valen” was an application that allowed clients to participate in promotions and auctions, and win prizes. We got to 400.000 users in the time the app was online. First I worked FrontEnd with ReactJS, Redux and redux-observable, but then I moved to the Backend. I had to plan a big refactor while still working on new Backend functionalities. The Backend is built using Python, Django, PostgreSQL, AWS, and AWS S3
December 2016 - June 2019
On my time in Vascar Solutions, I have been in many projects, most recently on Knac and Axelerist. Knac is a job application startup, empathizing on assessments to recommend candidates to a specific job. I worked on the backend with NodeJS, Express, MongoDB, Mocha, CircleCI, Heroku and AWS. Axelerist is a web app that connects to an external API and displays the client’s inventory in a more friendly and ergonomic way. I worked on the backend, managing the API connection, working on an API wrapper and user management. The app was made with NodeJS, Express, MongoDB, Mocha, CircleCI, Heroku and AWS.
September 2010 - December 2015
- Information Engineer
- Internship: Database system for Amcor Rigid Plastics de Venezuela
- Specializations: 1. Web development, 2. Automatization & 3. Linux administration
- University groups: 1. TecnoYucas, 2. Centro de Investigación y Tecnología (CIT), 3. Centro de Tecnología y Robótica (CTR)
- FrontEnd: HTML | CSS | Bootstrap | ReactJS
- Backend: Django | Django REST Framework | NodeJS | Express | Flask | MySQL | PostgreSQL | MongoDB
- Servers and Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services | DigitalOcean | Linode | Docker | Heroku | NGINX | Apache
- Others: Linux | Emacs | Git | Scrum | CircleCI | Mocha | EsLint
- REST API design
- Follow the “Twelve factor app”
- Cross Functional Teams
- Agile Development & Scrum
- English Course with practice & lesson sections, full English environment - Berlitz English
- Build a Backend REST API with Python & Django - Advanced - Udemy
- Build a Backend REST API with Python & Django - Beginner - Udemy